Stig Östlund

måndag, december 27, 2010

Teena Marie, R&B singer, dies at 54

Teena Marie
Teena Marie, the singer-songwriter born in Santa Monica who was best known for such R&B hits as "Lovergirl," "Square Biz," and "Fire and Desire" with mentor Rick James, has died. She was 54./ L A Times






Rick James & Teena Marie - Fire and Desire :



Ny kommentar till YouTube-videon från en lyssnare nånstans i lovely Amerika:
"I'm fuckin crying right now,plz let us embrac e & show all of our icons how much we love & appreaciate their music,saCRIFICE & GENIUS. I only idolize 2 people in all the World & call them my heroes, Stevie Wonder & Rick James r.i.p. ! I love Michael Jackson r.i.p., I love Earth Wind & Fire,El DeBarge,Prince,Gladys Knight,Aretha Franklin & so many others, including our recently departed Vanilla Child, Ms. Teena Marie r.i.p. I pray for your family, friends & fans,tell Rick I said waddup!".

Bloggarkiv